Peter's Wish Community Service Scholarship
Delsea High School
Franklinville, New Jersey
Peter's Wish Honor Roll recognizes the tremendous character, accomplishments, and community service of the scholarship winners.
Carly S. from Delsea High School in Franklinville, NJ is described by her high school track coach as a "focused, well rounded, determined to succeed young woman with exceptional abilities." Much to the benefit of the greater Gloucester County, NJ area, Carly has focused that special talent in helping the lives of others. Some of Carly's 30 hours for the Peter’s Wish Scholarship will be spent:
- serving meals at the Ronald McDonald House/Women's Shelter
- teaching children arts and crafts at community holiday parties around Christmas and Easter
- participating in community clean-ups and food drives organized by the Franklinville United Methodist Church
- writing letters to our deployed servicemen and women
- planning, organizing, and leading Girl Scout activities
Carly's own words attest to her character and values. In her inspiring scholarship application, she writes, "Through service, I have felt myself grow and develop into something greater and a result, I finally know who I am. I am the kid who picks up all the trash after a school function, serves meals to the homeless, craft ribbons for a fried with cancer, and teaches art to the elderly. I am happy with who I am." As if that wasn't powerful enough, she writes, "Charity enriches the heart and exemplifies what life is really about."
Carly is truly living Peter’s Wish to have a fulfilled and meaningful life.
a 501(c)3 Public Charity
Peters Wish, Inc. (c) 2006-2016 All Rights Reserved. Logo by Marc Dorsett Designs